Wound Care Instructions Post-Biopsy
- These instructions should be followed once a day for one to two weeks. Follow these instructions until biopsy site has healed.
- Keep area dry for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours you may wash the area.
- Clean area with mild soap /cleanser.
- Apply a small amount of plain petrolatum ointment (Vaseline/Aquaphor).
- Cover with a Band-Aid unless a reaction to the Band-Aid occurs.
- Call the office if any of the following signs: increased redness, warmth, tenderness or pain at the site, unusual amount of drainage (i.e. blood or pus – more than a Band-Aid would cover).